Wednesday 7 March 2012

Motivation!

At 22 I saw a load of people get the same degree as me and somebody else who had worked very, very hard. I had gone days without sleep, studied for hours and sacrificed friends and my sport to get a degree.

I was livid. But then I had been livid many times before. More important than being livid I was at a total loss - All these people had their parents come up to see them graduate - what was the point of little me trying?

This inner voice niggled away at me - "the advantages are given is awesome - you will never succeed" - "some of these people have spent four - ten years in Japan"

I try to motivate myself by thinking I can impress children from disadvantaged backgrounds but think hypnosis will be the next step.

Seeing "everyone"'s parents watching them graduate was torturous indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment