Thursday 10 November 2011

University

At university I had one intention and one intention only.  To train in the gym like a madman.  I was on £50 a week at college and I saw the student loan as a massive source of money.  I was studying japanese but I really just wanted to bench press 120 kg

On the first day of uni the man in charge of the department asked us to play a parlour game to get to know each other.  At this stage I had about 1 friend and had no intention of making anymore.  I just ignored him and told him where to go.  Shortly afterwards I attacked another student who laughed at me for being in care.

I was suspended from the university - what could be better? Time to train, money to spend on powdered milk... I had it all.

The only real problem was that my mum wasn't happy - she wanted me to get a degree...

When I was suspended I had a mark of 83 in one module which is ridiculous - 70 is considered excellent.  I saw a psychiatrist whilst being guarded by two men and I was let back into university.............................................................................................................................................................................and I got suspended again.  i basically got let back in ONE MORE TIME because I was exceptionally good at the subject, particularly in reading Kanji.  In the second year the opportunity presented itself to go to Japan.     I saw this as being time away from the gym and refused to go.  Eventually i finished my university degree without going to Japan which my native Japanese tutor said was a miracle. Kanji which are my strongest point were not even in the exam - people could use electronic dictionaries!!!! If kanji were in the exam I would probably have got 90%.

The fact that kanji in the exam pissed me off but i focused on getting a job as a translator.  I eventually got one!

No comments:

Post a Comment