Thursday 11 February 2016

Back to languages

Some time in the last few years I became disillusioned with forein languages due to the actions of a gang of dickheads in education and the rich kids I was at university with. I kind of gave up on Japanese to English translation as I realised I was competing with a bunch of over privileged kids in the job market. Living in Liverpool I don't see spoilt brats all that much, but when i go to airports they are so frequent... I can do Japanese to English translation, or could do but not as quick as the spoilt brats. The advantages these ones are given is absurd, it is SO unfair. I am really proud to say I passed a translation agency test with one of the best agencies in the world for Japanese to English (I can't say which one due to an agreement I signed). I persoally think completing Kanji gold was a massive achievement and I'm also really happy to have done well on the kanken games on the DS. I had a boss lil Japanese wife and she was awesome. I now work in Eccomerce and hope to get back into French to English translation. I have been primed for this task by Alexandre Coutu who is a Quebecker who wrote this great book http://www.lulu.com/gb/en/shop/alexandre-coutu/le-qu%C3%A9b%C3%A9cois-en-10-le%C3%A7ons/paperback/product-20413778.html I loved French at A Level and I'm a bit sad I didn't do it at university. I reasoned at the time the market for translators would be flooded.... Over the last three to four years I have played a daft amount of chess online, largely so i didnt kill myself drinking. I am now doing more refined study which i hope to write about. All the blitz games I played were wastes of time, but stopped me from drinking. Ive now replaced blitz addiction wih Spyro the Dragon... This gives more time to serious language study... I have been hammering Turkish verbs and am starting to improve at reading Turkish. i can spot common words.i am listening to dictaphone recordings as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment