Thursday 11 February 2016

Yeah im speaking to you

After I walked in to Uni and tore my degree up, A woman called Jarmila Hickman just stared at me. I stared back. She reciprocated. I imagined her thinking "you sub human wretch" Then I wrote this review of her book Shifts in Media Discourse: A Diachronic Study of Russian and Czech Headlines Coward lecturer won't fail students By Joshua of Liverpool on 12 Jan. 2013 I was a student at the university this coward teaches at and in the first year of my course she described the students I was in a group with as "the worst lot we've ever had." If she had any convictions she would have thrown them off the course. Come the fourth year these self same students were getting 2:1 degrees with the same appalling attitudes. Me and a handful of others were perceived as idiots for studying. Jarmila is responsible for failing these students and wasting years of people's lives - not just me but a handful of other talented students. We are many thousands of pounds in debt for her appalling behavior. No, I haven't read the book, but I am sure it is well written and informative. Jarmila is a coward for not sticking to her principles but I am sure the book is worth reading and there will be stuff in it of interest for anyone interested in the evolution of that most puristic of Slavic languages. The next time I saw her she looked at me sheepishly... I know Jarmila was a cog in the wheel, and I also don't know if I would have done the same in her situation, but she did not fail those students. I took her sheepishness as an apology. Another case in point is Karim Menacere who I reviewed on Rate my Professor Pros: He actually turned up to teach classes, unlike some of the other lecturers. Cons: I put significant amount of work into writing essays and reading books on translation only for this buffoon to give higher marks to students who took photographs on their holidays and called it "critique of translation". This lecturer's marking criterion changed entire degree classifications and I felt very short-changed by the 2:1 that I got. Several students who were (and still are) morons got 2:1 degrees. Karim's own colleagues even apolgised to me in his absence for the grotesque behaviour of him and his colleagues. This lecturer pulled me into his office, handed me a dip trans exam paper and said "this will be more your level". I am in debt for this condescending, patronising behaviour. In total I and a few others wasted six years for his hideous behaviour - two at A level and another four at university. I remember Karim asking me why I didn't carry on with French at university - the answer simple - I didn't want some arrogant, short-sighted buffoon "teaching" me for astronomical tuition fees. I want to share what I think of these pair as they wasted a hell of a lot of my, and a handful of other committed students' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment